Welcome to the Family (kind of) : Yashica A


View Large

I've been hankering after medium format photography for a while now. My friend Stephen noticed and let me borrow his Yashica A so I could try out the 120 format. It was seriously nice of him because he goes to UPenn now and he sent me the camera all the way from philly. He also sent me these two really awesome prints with the camera that I freaking love. Thanks a million Stephen!!

I AM SO EXCITED!

I shot 10 shots on a roll today, and I'm pretty sure I messed up at least 2 of those shots. You need a lot of patience to work with this camera, and the lack of a light meter means that the chances that I've messed up the whole roll is pretty high. But you gotta start somewhere, and I remember ruining a bunch of 35mm film when I first started shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment