Welcome to the family: Yashica Electro 35

electro 35

electro 35

I've been looking to pick up one of these for a while now. After losing a few auctions on ebay i was able to pick this baby up for $9.99! Granted it's one of the older models: the more advanced Electro 35 GSN models ask a higher price.

However, I was a little disappointed when I finally got my hands on the camera. It was bigger and heavier than my Canon AE-1, and it really wasnt the more advanced replacement for my Yashica ME-1 that I expected. It's not as small and focusing rangefinder cameras are not easy like a SLR's. I was having a hard time trying to figure out where this camera would fit in my collection.

In my infinte wisdom the first roll of film i shot through this camera was 100 asa expired film. Generally meaning that it has to be super bright to get usable shots. So the first roll came out a little blurry (not focusing right seems to be an issue too). I got some usable pictures out of it, but I've already put in some better film and hopefully ill get some cool results out of it soon.

I've decided to keep the camera, because it has a really cool fixed lens (45mm f1.7 Yashinon lens) and once i learn to use it well im sure i can get some cool results from it.

Oh, and it's Gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment